EQI, a large scale multimedia equestrian production invites the public of all ages in a journey marked with poetry, sensibility, energy and humor.
Registered in its time, EQI stages the empathy, which can arise from the fascinating collaboration of a man and from a horse. Getting this wonderful attention from one to another and revisiting it, every day. EQI is an invitation to feel the immense possibilities that this incredible exchange between
the man and the animal can offer.
In a resolutely poetic, mysterious universe, turned to the imagination, EQI invites the public to a sensory, emotional and intuitive journey where each
one takes up with his children's dreams. Freed from its human being's condition by the encounter of a horse, the being can achieve the feeling of merging with the animal.
EQI carries a hope: bring to the world of harmony between humans, animals and earth.
In EQI, Men and horses interpret together a hymn to earth.
Feet on stage
Hay bales eat
Number of pictures taken and shared
· Forty awesome horses. Most of them are Lusitanians from Delgado’s breeding in Monteux, but also Frisians, Arabic thoroughbred, Irish Cob,
escorted by humans and birds. Specialists will be intrigued and amateurs confused by their enjoyment and freedom.
· Multiples horse techniques illustrated by sensitive and poetic numbers, supported by a sensual music that refers to feelings of riding, alternating
lightness, flight, speed and glide. Mutual respect is king, sincerity is rule, the dream is reality, and excellence is a gift to the public.
· Sixty people and among them, about thirty riders, dancers, acrobats, stuntmen. A turbulent musical frenzy beats the equestrian performances.
Since the equestrian art, to music, singing, dancing and live painting, EQI merge the arts.
· The beauty of the animal is highlighting by the sobriety of the outfits, inspired by Nature and its colours.
· Fire and water effects are blended together and offer fantastic and amazing performances and portraits.
· Six live musicians: keyboardist, cellist, violinist, guitarists, bassists, drums and a singer, Francesca, the voice of Alegria from the Cirque du Soleil,
offer a rich, beautiful and intoxicating music.
· A great feature of high-tech for lighting, sound and projections, positions EQI at the level of major shows touring around the world.
Surprises, aestheticism, amusement, humour and emotion is the program of EQI for almost two hours of entertainment !
Passionate of lights, philippe Catalano will alternate the functions of stage manager of theatrical shows while creating light in different areas.
In 1991 he joined the Avignon Festival. He worked with his team to create the light at the Main courtyard of the Palais des Papes from 1997 to 2010 on numerous shows with artists such as Pina Bausch, Alain Platel, Jan Fabre, Romeo Castellucci, Thomas Ostermeier, Angelin Preljocaj, Jacques Lasalle, Didier Bezace, Olivier Py, Wajdi Mouawad ....
He starts teaching Light technics at The ISTS (upper Institut techniques of the show) in Avignon : and also in other countries since 1996.
He is also the source of many lighting designs for theater and dance, presented at the Off Festival d'Avignon with various companies.
With a diploma in fashion design and textile design, Rosemarie has worked for 6 years as fashion designer and production assistant for some Haute Couture brands (Jean Doucet) and top of the range women’s ready-to-wear (Batiste). In 2007, she started her own brand Rosemarie B, for which she created cocktail dresses and of top end evening dresses, Made in France. Since 2012, she’s been working with Frédéric Pignon and Magali Delgado to the creation of the costumes for their new show.
Sur les planches depuis l’âge de 15 ans, Francesca est reconnue à travers le monde comme « LA voix d’Alegria du Cirque du Soleil, une voix unique et intense ». Passionnée par les musiques d’ailleurs, inspirée par la musicalité des langues, elle s’exprime avec une grande liberté artistique à travers ses propres albums « Au-delà des couleurs » et « Hybride », sa collaboration avec le groupe chilien de renommée internationale Inti-Illimani avec l’Album « Meridiano », ou encore la récente aventure piano/voix qu’elle partage avec René Dupéré (le compositeur d’Alegria), autour de grandes chansons françaises et espagnoles. Après une participation aux Crinières d’Or (Avignon) aux côtés de Magali Delgado et Frédéric Pignon, en 2012, leur belle rencontre se prolonge dans le monde d’EQI.
Website : www.francescagagnon.com
Equestrian Artist, Horse Trainer
Conductor and keyboard